Floating Manure Pond and Reservoir Covers
IEC’s Covers are customized to fit the exact measurements of your reservoir, pond, lagoon, or tank. Our gas collection cover has a patented design that includes a series of lateral floats that provide pathways for gas to flow beneath the floating cover, to the perimeter collection pipe, and onto a single collection point.
Traditional floating covers that inflate expose the geomembrane cover to vibration and fatigue from wind, which significantly reduces the life span of the cover. IEC’s floating covers use lateral floats instead, which keeps the entire cover floating on the waters’ surface, eliminating cover inflation and exposure to wind damage.
Additionally, ballast weights are placed on top of the floating cover channel rainwater and snowmelt to sumps, which remove all rainwater from the surface of the floating cover.
IEC’s pond, reservoir, and manure lagoon covers and manure storage covers have a number of benefits, including:
- Designed by engineers with over 25 years of continuous cover design experience
- Keeping the cover on the water surface avoiding damage from wind
- Accommodating fluctuation in water level
- Installation without interruption in-basin use
- Installation on tanks, reservoirs or ponds
- Eliminating rainwater pooling problems
- Eliminating inflating the cover and gas ballooning
- Providing access to in-basin equipment